We understand how important having support in the community is, so we have put together this list of resources that can be found in the local area.
Please click on each to be taken to their website.
- Headway – Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury by providing vital support and information services. Use this link to find support services in your area.
- Headway South West Wales – This website connects eight South Wales branches of Headway. Find out what’s on, get news and connect with others in your local area.
- Swansea Vale Resource Centre – Provides information and advice for people with a physical and/or sight impairment.
- Local Area Coordinators, Swansea – Aims to help anyone build relationships within their community. They support older people, disabled people, people with mental health problems, and their families and carers.
- Bikeability – A charity that provides cycling opportunities to people of all ages and abilities. Their aim is to give people the opportunity to improve their physical health and psychological well-being through cycling.
- Surfability – A Community Interest Company that provides surfing lessons and experiences for people with additional needs due to disability, illness, injury or learning difficulties.
- Community Navigators – Assists people in Bridgend County Borough and their families or carers, to access community level services, information and activities that will help them maintain independent lives.
- Ski4All Wales – A charity run by a team of physiotherapists, ski instructors and volunteers that enable adults with a physical, neurological or visual deficit to experience the thrill of skiing.
- Community Neurorehabilitation Service – A multidisciplinary team including Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Psychology, Rehabilitation Coach and Music Therapist that provide a co-ordinated community rehabilitation service for people over 16 years who have suffered a brain injury.
If you have a group or organisation to add to this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org